When ODBC is used at a policy store, if two or more data sources are specified, I think that fail over framework is possible as indicated in the following URL.
Is it required to reboot policy server to reconnect to DB#1 (Master) instead of DB#2 (Slave) in below timing of #(3) in Outline of scenario?
- Two sets of databases have a master / slave framework.
- DB#1(Master) /DB#2 (Slave)
- Specify a data source name in order of "DB#1, DB2" to a policy server.
? Outline of scenario
(1) DB#1 (Master) under connection stops and fail over is carried out to DB#2 (Slave).
(2) By setup by the side of DB, demote DB#1 to Slave and promote DB#2 to Master.
(3) With restoration of DB#1, again, promote DB#1 to Master and demote DB#2 to Slave after that by the side of DB.
From the policy server, an order of a connection destination is only specified.
It is not recognized by the policy server side that the setup is master or slave on the side of DB.
The reboot of a policy server is unnecessary, since the policy server will reconnect when the policy server detects restoration of DB#1.