Is it possible to set some fields as required only when a specific Status is selected?
- When the Status is changed to "Scheduled", 'Schedule Start Date' and 'Schedule Duration' fields become required fields.
- When the Status is changed to "Customer Hold", 'Call Back Date/Time' field is set as required field.
In order to set some fields on a ticket as required fields, please follow the below steps.
In this example, 'Schedule Start Date' and 'Schedule Duration' in a Change Order are set to mandatory fields when the Status "Scheduled" is selected.
1) Log into Service Desk using Service Desk Administrator account and open [Administration] tab.
2) Go to 'Service Desk' > 'Change Orders' > 'Status'.
3) Select a Status that you would like to set up required fields and open [Change Order Dependent Attribute Control] tab. Click on <Create New> button.
4) In Attribute fields, select an attribute you want to set as mandatory field and turn on 'Required' check box and click on <Save>.
You will be able to see 2 attributes are set as a required field.
After making the above change, when you select the status "Scheduled" and save the Change Order ticket, the fields will be required.
(e.g. Schedule Start Date field)