Is it possible and allowed to delete files from the filestore\input, without compromising existing reports?
It depends which reports or objects you want to delete. The Input filestore has the physical storage of the reports ,objects and recurring instances. Deleting directly from Input filestore is not recommended. You can set limit on folders and objects.
You may setup instance limits on following levels via Central Management Console (CMC)
GLOBAL : These limits are the system defaults for the entire system. Set this limit from the CMC>Folder> All Folders> Actions> Limits
FOLDER LEVEL : This limits are for all objects contained within the folder. Set this limit from the CMC>Folders>"folder name">Actions>limits
OBJECT LEVEL : This limits are for specific objects. Set this from CMC>Folders>Browse to chosen Object>Actions>Limits
The available limits are:
- Delete excess instances when there are more than N instances of an object (to limit the number of instances per objects select this option). The default value is 100
- Delete excess instances for the following users / groups (to limit the number of instances per user or group select this option). The default value is 100
- Delete instances after N days for the following users / groups (to limit the age of instances per user or group select this option). The default value is 100
There is a specific time defined by registry key for instance cleanup:
- HKLM\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\CMS\Instances\<machine_name>.cms\InstanceLimitsBatchCleanUpTime
- the defauls value is 4 (4 am)
- possible values are 0-23
NOTE: Please have full server backup before modifying anything in the registry.