Any environment that you have the probe baseline_engine running.
1. Stop the baseline_engine on the hub where the metric was configured.
2. On the hub, navigate down to the directory where the baseline_engine probe is installed where we are going to edit the actual threshold configuration file. So go to $NIMSOFT/probes/slm/baseline_engine/cache_dir
3. Make a copy of the thresholds.zip file – e.g. thresholds.zip.backup
4. Although the file has a .zip extension, the format is actually gzip, so open it with 7zip on windows, or uncompress it . with gzip on Linux.
5. Now you should have a file named thresholds -- open this with a text editor.
6. Look for the thresholds with the matching metric ID for the metric that keeps alarming. Just delete the lines that have that metric ID.
7. Save thresholds back to disk
8. Compress thresholds again – On windows, using 7zip, you can simply replace the thresholds text file therein. On linux, use gzip to compress it and name the compressed file threshold.zip.
9. Start baseline_engine
10. Verify via the POC that the threshold has been removed – you may also want to validate that existing alarm thresholds/baseline settings are still set (ensuring that the thresholds.zip file was not corrupted).
If there was any problem, you can always revert the change: stop baseline_engine, copy thresholds.zip.backup back to thresholds.zip, and start baseline_engine.