CA IPC refers to the Inter-Product Components. Prior to CA IPC r14, each component had its own FMID. Starting with CA IPC r14, although still a suite of seven components, it now only has 2 FMID's. One for CICS and one for Batch.
For CA IPC r14:
CAVQE00 - this FMID is for batch
CAVQE05 - this FMID is for CICS
For CA IPC r15:
CAVQF00 - this FMID is for batch
CAVQF05 - this FMID is for CICS
The CA IPC suite includes the following components:
* Virtual Library System (VLS)
A library access method used to store panels, message members, control blocks and user programs.
* Session Control Facility (SCF)
A task dispatcher that provides a variety of high-level services that process menus and PF keys, and handle commands.
* Print Sub-System (PSS)
A set of routines that provides system and network printing services for a variety of products.
* Panel Management Services (PMS)
A set of services used to acquire, send, receive, manage and process panels built using PDF as well as fields contained in the panels.
* Panel Definition Facility (PDF)
A facility used to build the user panels and applications that are managed and processed at run-time by PMS.
* Editor Kernel (EDK)
A text editing facility.
* Virtual Processing Environment (VPE)
A processing environment that provides independence from the TP monitor and operating system.
The CA IPC dependent products and the CA IPC components they require are:
CA Product EDK PDF PMS PSS SCF VLS VPE
CA Ideal X X X X X X X
CA Dadatcom/DB X X X X X
CA DATAQUERY X
CA DATADICTIONARY X
The documentation manuals for the CA IPC r14 family of components can be downloaded from CA Support Online. The manuals for CA IPC include:
* CA IPC 14.0 Implementation Guide for z/OS
* CA IPC 14.0 Installation Guide for z/OS
* CA IPC 14.0 Messages Reference Guide
* CA IPC 14.0 Release Notes
The documentation manuals for the CA IPC r15 family of components can be downloaded from CA Support Online. The manuals for CA IPC include:
* CA IPC 15.0 Implementation Guide for z/OS
* CA IPC 15.0 Installation Guide for z/OS
* CA IPC 15.0 Installation Worksheet
* CA IPC 15.0 Message Reference Guide
* CA IPC 15.0 Readme
* CA IPC 15.0 Release Notes
* CA IPC 15.0 Troubleshooting