This article includes the installation and upgrade steps for a APM 9.6 TIM running on a MTP Appliance (CA ADA Multi-Port Monitor). Although the new 9.6 TIM installer ships as a RPM package, the 9.6 TIM running on the MTP Appliance is installed by still using the MTP Web interface.
- The supported versions of the MTP Appliance are 9.2 & 10.0 (Cent OS 5.x x64).
- The CentOS 5.x RPM package requirements are the same as the standard TIM i.e.
- On Support Online, go to -> Download Center -> Products. The 9.6 TIM for MTP software is available along with other CA APM software under the product name
"CA Application Performance Management - MULTI-PLATFORM." (Earlier versions used the product name "CA Application Delivery Analysis Multi-Port Monitor.")
- The GEN06084119E.tar file contains 3 images which can be installed via the MTP Web interface under "System Setup -> Install Software" in the following order:
- If performing a TIM upgrade, then do the following:
- From a Linux shell, take a backup of the entire config directory of the existing TIM installation under /etc/wily/cem/tim (/usr/local/wily/cem/tim)
- Install the 3 image files for the new 9.6 TIM. The install process removes the existing TIM installation directory and the new version will be installed into directory /opt/CA/APM/tim.
- From the TIM Setup page, (System Setup -> "Tim 188.8.131.52 build ...") stop the TIM
- From a Linux shell, change the directory (cd) to /opt/CA/APM/tim and restore the config directory backup, overriding any existing files with the same name
- From the TIM Setup page, restart the TIM