The CA Scheduler NJE feature allows jobs to be submitted on one JES node for execution at another JES node. This document describes the installation requirements of the CA Scheduler NJE feature, and how the NJE feature works.
The CA Scheduler NJE feature requires the following:
- The CA Scheduler CAIJGEN install option NJE must be set to YES. (If this is an existing installation and NJE was previously set to NO, refer to the CA Scheduler startup option FROMNODE. A format of the active workload is required.)
- The CA Scheduler CAIJGEN install option DSNINFM must be set to YES if you use the DSN, GDG, PRED DSN or PRED GDG keywords in your job/schedule criteria records. This option informs other nodes of a data set update on this node. CA discourages the use of this option due to the overhead of the DSCLOSE ENF event.
- Update the CAIJ$DSN macro if install option DSNINFM is set to YES. This macro contains the list of data sets for which CA Scheduler inform other nodes when a data set has been updated. This macro is found in the CA Scheduler CAISRC library, member name CAIJTDSN. Use SAMPJCL member name CH$DSN to assemble and link macro CAIJ$DSN.
- Update the CAIJNET macro source. This macro contains your network information (node name, VTAM applid, etc.) A separate source entry is required for each node in the network and for each CPU in an NJE environment. This macro is found in the CA Scheduler CAISRC library, member name CAIJNJE. Use SAMPJCL member name CHJNET to assemble and link the CAIJNET source. When the VTAM applid changes, this source must be re-assembled and re-linked and CA Scheduler must be recycled.
- Install the JES2 exit. JES can communicate over SNA or TCP/IP. CA Scheduler requires JES2 EXIT 4 for NJE over SNA, and JES2 EXIT 54 for NJE over TCP/IP. Both EXIT 4 and EXIT 54 can be enabled and can co-exist. The EXIT 4 load module is J2CHNJE4, and the EXIT 54 load module is J2CHNJ54.
To apply the JES2 exit(s), run SMPE APPLY and select FMID CCHB0J2 to assemble and link the JES2 exits using your site's JES2 macro library. Later if the version of JES2 changes, the exits must be re-applied using SAMPJCL member CHJES2, and the new JES2 macro library must be included in the SYSLIB DD concatenation.
Note that the JES exit(s) must be available at JES startup, and CA Scheduler must be in the link list to support NJE.
In order for the submitted node to receive feedback when the NJE job has completed, CA Scheduler must be active on both nodes and both CA Schedulers cannot share the same physical database. Also a VTAM connection is required between the CA Scheduler(s).
How the CA Scheduler NJE works:
When the NJE job is sent over to the other node, CA Scheduler inserts the following into the job:
/*XEQ nodename (if one does not exist)
//* <<INSERTED BY CA-SCHEDULER>
//* SCSTART S=PODAILY FM=STL JNO=01 F=00005 FO=
//SCHED EXEC PGM=CAJENJE0,PARM=('SCSTART OJNO= - ',
// 'S=SCHED01 FM=STL JNO=01 J=JOBXYZ F=00005 FO= ')
This is necessary so that the JES exit can recognize that this is a CA Scheduler NJE Job.
If RESTART= is specified on the JOB statement, CA Scheduler inserts a TYPRUN=HOLD and update the active workload with the nodeid where the job runs. After the update, CA Scheduler releases the job.
The following tips are helpful to troubleshoot NJE problems in a JES2 environment:
- Run console command $DEXIT4 (if Exit4 is used) or $DEXIT54 (Exit54) on all involving systems to confirm that the JES2 exit has been enabled.
$DEXIT4$HASP823 EXIT(4) $HASP823 EXIT(4) STATUS=ENABLED,ENVIRON=JES2,$HASP823 ROUTINES=(CAJ2X4CH),SPLEVEL=CHECK,$HASP823 TRACE=NO,USECOUNT=0
- SCHD DISPLAY NET. Sample output:
CACM054I NAME SYSID #RCV APPLID #SNT S T A T U S STACK-USAGE CACM054I JESD 3163 02802 JESDSCHD 00604 CONNECTED 0 0 CACM054I JESG 1331 00121 JESGSCHD 00001 CONNECTED 0 0 CACM054I JESAJ 2181 00000 JESASCHD 00000 LOCAL-NODE
- Run the following test job on both nodes to validate the JES level and to ensure that the exit has been loaded successfully.
//SCHED EXEC PGM=CAJENJE0,PARM=('SCTEST')Expected display found in the JES2 log:
CACM409I CA-SCHEDULER 11.0 LEVEL 001 JES Z107
Recommended Reading: CA Scheduler Systems Programmer Guide r11 Chapter 6 NJE Processing.