By default, when the Workload Automation DE Web Services component is installed, no service is defined in the Windows Service Catalog. This is a manual effort and this article guides you through the process to create the service.
1) Using the Windows Command Prompt, navigate to the apache-tomcat/bin directory of the Workload Automation DE Web Services component.
2) Execute "service.bat install "CA Workload Automation DE Web Services"
3) For some reason, the service name will be prepended with Apache Tomcat...., so we can rename it using the command string "tomcat8 //US//Tomcat8 --DisplayName="CA Workload Automation DE Web Services"
4) Verify the service is added/defined as you expect to see it in the Windows Services panel.
5) Set the service to Automatic start.
6) Start the service.
Please reference https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html#Installing_services for details on how to manually install an apache-tomcat service on windows.