1. What is the connection between the check boxes on the profile page and a tree of a template?
2. What if a checkbox is turned off in the profile but a metric that is aligned to is turned on in an active template?
3. How do the check boxes effect discovery?
1. This image shows the connection between the check boxes on the profile page and a template:
2. If you have a check box turned off, but monitors turned on in a template, those monitors will not be applied to the host.
3. The checkbox is for both discovery and data collection. If a checkbox is not enabled we will not discover those items on the host. It is important to deselect any items that you will not collect for as this will make the overall discovery and collection of data faster.