This Knowledge Document describes how to increase CA 11's 601 database areas.
The following process should be used :
- Suspend all CA 11 activity against this Multi-User
Note: If TRKRMS=NO is specified in the CONFIG file, you will have to issue SHUTDOWN to CA 11 instead of performing the SUSPEND
- Run DBUTLTY (run with DATACOM Multi-User Up)
- Check on Multi-User if base has been put in ACCESS OFF
Message DB00607I - BASE 601 ACCESS OFF
- Run AL7BKUP (L730BKUP in r3.0) JCL to backup Entire CA 11 database files
- Rename existing 601 file to be increased (JHF601,DSN601 etc.)
Run AL7AD2 (L730AD2 in r3.0) to allocate a larger 601 file with secondary allocation
- Run AL7LD1 (L730LD1 in r3.0) to reload CA 11 database files
- Resume or Restart CA 11 depending on action taken in Step 1
Note: Any increase to the JHF601 and DSN601 will have an effect on the sizing of the IXX601. As a rule of thumb, the IXX should beas large as the largest of JHF601 or DSN601.