The Capacity amounts in both the Capacity Overview and Staff Allocation Overview portlets should be the same as the same filter parameters get carried over from one portlet to the other. The Capacity Overview portlet only takes into account the resource's capacity when that resource's OBS is the same as the Resource OBS selected on the filter. However, the Staff Allocation Overview portlet displays the capacity for both resources having the Resource OBS that was filtered for on the portlet AND the capacity of resources having the Staff OBS match the Resource OBS that was filtered for (even if those resources have a different resource OBS on their resource properties).
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create an OBS with 2 units and associate it to the Resource Object
2. Associate Resource1 to Unit1 and a second resource, Resource2, to Unit2
3. Allocate both resources to a project at 100% allocation
4. Leave the Staff OBS of the team record for Resource1 blank
5. Select Unit1 for the Staff OBS of Resource2
6. Go to Home - Capacity Overview
7. Filter for Unit1 for the Resource OBS
8. The capacity is 1FTE as expected. The allocation is 2FTE also as expected.
9. Click on the Staff Allocation icon to view the details
10. Add the Availability Rate field to the Time Scale
Expected Results: The Availability Rate for Resource1 is 1FTE, and the Availability Rate for Resource2 is 0FTE. The availability sum of the two should equal the sum displayed on the Capacity Overview portlet.
Actual Results: The Availability Rate for Resource1 is FTE, and the Availability Rate for Resource2 is also 1FTE. The total availability fort these two resource is greater than that of the Capacity Overview portlet.
This is working as designed. Drilling down into the Staff Allocation Overview portlet, the data maps back to the 'Allocation' value on the Capacity Overview portlet. The 'Availability Rate' that is added to the Staff Allocation Overview portlet is the rate from the resource properties.
Using the above example, Resource2 has the Staff OBS Unit = Unit1, so the Staff Allocation Overview portlet shows that this resource is allocated to investments where the Staff OBS Unit (over-ride) or the Resource profile OBS Unit equals the filtered OBS Unit. However, this portlet also brings along the availability rate for this resource from the resource properties.
The Availability Rate on the Staff Allocation Overview portlet is not calculated in the same was as the Capacity on the Capacity Overview portlet. These are two different portlets with two different purposes.