In the MSP New Driver, rates do not calculate correctly for a role type of Material
Steps to Reproduce:
Prerequisite: Install either the PPM 14.2 New driver or PPM 14.3 new driver
1. In PPM, create a new Rate Matrix:
a. Go to Administration-> Manage Matrix (Under Finance)
b. Click New, Enter a Matrix Name, then click Save and Continue
c. On the Assign Columns tab, add Resource, Resource Class, Resource Role to the Selected column and click Save and Continue
d. Click 'New' and add * for Resource, Resource Class and Resource Role fields
e. For Rate, Standard Cost and Actual Cost, enter 1,000.00
f. Click Save and Return
2. Create two new roles (one Labor and one Material to see the differences)
a. Go to Home->Resources and click New
b. Select Role and Labor for the first Role and click Next
c. Enter the Role Name (in this example ‘Test Role Labor’) and Role ID and click Save
d. Click New again to create the second Role, Select Role and Material and click Next
e. Enter the Role Name (in this example ‘Test Role Material’) and Role ID and click Save
3. Create a new project, and update the below fields to link to the Rate Matrix created in step 1:
a. Under Labor Transaction Matrix, update the Rate Source and Cost Source
b. Under Material Transaction Matrix update the Rate Source and Cost Source
c. Add the 2 new roles created in Step 2 to the Team tab. (In this example: 'Test Role Labor’ and Test Role Material’
4. Run the Rate Matrix job:
a. Go to Home->Reports and Jobs, click on the Jobs tab.
b. Select the Rate Matrix job and ensure the first 3 options are checked
c. Click Submit to run the job
5. Once the Rate Matrix job completes, navigate back to the project you created in Clarity. Open the project in MSP by selecting Open in Scheduler -> Microsoft Project [Read-Write]
6. In Microsoft Project, click on View then Resource Sheet. Observe the Material Role’s ‘Std. Rate’.
Expected Results: Standard Rate for the Material Role is the same as the Labor Role, which is $1,000.00/hr
Actual Results: Material Roles Standard Rate is 3,600,000 which is 3,600 xs more than expected.
This issue is caused by CLRT-79269
This issue is resolved in PPM 14.4.
None, aside from changing the role type from Material to something else