In the new MSP (Microsoft Project) Driver, custom views are not saved. When we alter a project view and then save the project back to PPM and reopen the project in MSP, that view is lost. In the previous versions of MSP connector this did not happen.
CA PPM 14.x and above using the MSP new driver.
In the new driver, customized views are no longer saved in the MPP file. You can instead create any custom views (and the associated tables) and place them in the global.mpt file.
Example on how to do that using the Gantt Chart view type:
1) In MSP, click on the Views tab
2) Modify the desired view
3) Click on the drop down for the View type you want to save the View to. (Example: Gantt Chart)
4) Select the 'Save View' option
5) Enter a name for the custom view and click OK. This saves the custom view in the global.mpt on the workstation.
6) To access the view the next time you open the project from PPM, select the View drop down (In this case, 'Gantt Chart'), then select the new view you created under 'Custom'.
7) To make this view the default view that is launched when MSP is opened:
a) In MSP go to File->Options->General
b) Select the preferred view (Example, 'Gantt Chart' from the 'Default view' drop down and click OK
- Click here to view information on this change, as well as other differences between the MSP Legacy and MSP New driver from the PPM Project Management User Guide
- Reference TEC1606998 : In the MSP New driver, highlighting of tasks is no longer saved
- Reference TEC1784816 : Can Custom Field Names in MSP be exported as column names for projects exported from PPM?
- Reference TEC1538513 : In the MSP New Driver, Tasks/Milestones added to Timeline view are not Preserved