In RC/Migrator when analyzing a strategy a utility model is specified, for example @DEFAULT. This identifies the utilities (Load, Unload, Copy, Check, Reorg) that are enabled for use during strategy analysis. The information below illustrates how to enable or disable a utility.
The example below shows how to enable Fast Load (CA) instead of Load (IBM).
Users can update the @DEFAULT model or template the @DEFAULT model to choose Fast Load by following these steps:
- Select RC/Migrator from the DB2 Tools Main Menu
- Select Option 0 (Profile)
- Select Option 6 (Utility Model Services)
- Place a 'U' by the model to be updated.
5. To select FAST LOAD place an 'X' in the CMD column next to FLOAD. The 'X' works as a toggle, only 1 LOAD utility can be enabled at a time. The SYM column will show a 'Y' if the utility is enabled, and an 'X' if it is disabled.
6. After placing an 'X' next to FLOAD, message RO021I confirms FLOAD is now enabled and LOAD is disabled. There is a 'Y' next to FLOAD and an 'N' next to LOAD:
Documentation on Model Services can be found in the RC/Migrator Guide under Utility Model Services:
Utility Model Services