There are various things that need to be checked to ensure the user is able to enter time.
1. See KB KB000027004 to verify the appropriate level of access rights are set
2. Additionally, check to make sure the following is set:
- Resource is Open for time entry with Track mode Clarity (newer versions referred to as PPM) in Home->Resources
- Resource is Open for time entry at project team level
- Project is Open for time entry with track mode Clarity (newer versions referred to as PPM)
- Task is open for time entry
3. Check the Allocations and Time Reporting Periods:
4. If the issue is happening in the Classic PPM UI and the user does not have approve rights to the timesheet with the issue, see if changing the timesheets filter field "My Rights" to 'All' instead of 'Approve' allows the user's timeheets to show up correctly.
- Ensure that the Resource is allocated to at least one investment for the time reporting period they are looking to enter time.
- Ensure the time reporting period is open. If the time reporting period is closed, the resource will not be able to see a timesheet for that reporting period.