Some tasks change unexpectedly to Zero (0) day duration (Durations zero out) when opening a project from Clarity PPM and as a result Microsoft Project (MSP) coverts the tasks into milestones.
To reproduce the issue when a task with one or more resource's assigned is marked completed and there are no actuals:
Steps to Reproduce:
1. In PPM, create a new project with one team member
2. Create one task, and assign the team member to the task with some ETC (Example 5 hours)
3. Open the project in MSP
4. Change the % Complete to 100 for the task to mark it completed (Note that at this time, the Remaining Work (ETC) changes to 0 and the Remaining Work is moved to the Actual Work column (5 hours in this example))
5. Save the project back to PPM
6. Open the project in MSP again
Expected Results: Task duration doesn't change, and the task is not a milestone
Actual Results: Task duration is changed to 0 days, and the task is then changed to a milestone
Note: If you save the project back to PPM Clarity, the task is then also a milestone there as well. If you notice any incorrect data in MSP, it's recommended to not save the project back to Clarity as the data will be incorrect there as well.