In InfoView I am unable to see or select an existing group name as a parameter value for a scheduled report, for example the "Volume and Trend" report.
This problem could be caused by failing to retrieve the group data from the database.
Follow the steps below to resolve the problem where the user is unable to select an existing group name as a parameter value for a scheduled report. Note that we are using the "Volume and Trend" report as an example:
- Change the "Volume and Trend" report settings
- Log into BOXI Central Management Console.
- Open 'Folders' and go to 'All Folders' -> 'CA Reports' -> 'CA Service Desk' -> 'Incident and Problem Management' -> 'Count'.
- Right click on "Volume and Trend" Report and select "Refresh Options".
- Turn on the checkboxes "Current and default parameter values" and "Use object repository when refreshing report".
- Click <Update> button and then <Refresh> button.
- Log out from Central Management Console and log into InfoView.
- Open the "Volume and Trend" report and check that you can now select a group.
If the problem still exists, please follow the steps below:
- Change the ODBC Driver used by the connection.
- Open Designer and log into it by using BOXI Administrator account
- On Designer window, go to [File] -> [Import].
---> Import Universe screen is displayed.
- From the Dropdown list, select "CA Universe" folder.
- Select "CA Service Desk" Universe, click <OK>.
---> Universe window is displayed.
- Go to [File] -> [Parameters].
---> Universe Parameters window is displayed.
- On [Definition] tab, click the <Edit> button.
---> Login Parameters dialog box is appeared.
- Click on <Back> button.
----> Database Middleware Selection is appeared.
- Select "ODBC Drivers" under "Generic ODBC3 datasource" and click <Next> button.
- Select "Use specified username and password" from Authentication Mode dropdown list and type ServiceDesk username and password. Select casd_(Service Desk Server Name) as Data Source Name.
- Click on <Test> button to check the connection. Ensure the server is responding.
- Click <OK> and close Universe Parameters screen.
- Go to [File] -> [Save] and then [File] -> [Export].
---> Export Universe screen is displayed.
- Select "CA Universe" from Domain Dropdown list and click on "Everyone" and then, click on <OK >.
Now run the report and make sure that the groups are selectable.