Error Message :
Within in a PromptSet in the Automic Web Interface (AWI) version 12, if the Variable field for a Text field is edited the cursor can jumpt to the end of the text string and cause strange results while the Variable Name is being modified.
1) Create a PromptSet
2) Create a Text Field within this PromptSet. The field "Variable Name" is filled with "&TEXT1#"
3) Place the curser (using the mouse) after "TEXT1" (before the "'#"). The Field now looks like: "&TEXT1|#"
4) Start deleting "TEXT1"
5) Start slowly typing something new, like "MYVARIABLENAME"
The field should be filled with "&MYVARIABLENAME#"
The cursor jumps to the end of the string while typing the new string and what happens is something like this "&MYVA#RIABLENAME".
OS Version: N/A
Root Cause: Cursor behavior in AWI not functioning correctly when editing Variable text fields in PromptSets.
Update to a fix version listed below or a newer version if available.
Fix Status: Released
Automic Web Interface 12.1.0 – Available
Automic Web Interface 12.0.2 – Available
The following options are recommended:
- Use the JAVA User Interface
- Delete the conent of the text field prior to modifying the text.