In an environment where CA SDM and CA APM are integrated, the Common Asset Viewer that comes with CA SDM does not show the Legal Information and Cost Information from CA APM.
The Alert Management System (AMS) component within CA SDM needs to be updated to the later release provided by CA APM.
- Take a backup of the current AMS folders on both the CA SDM and CA APM servers
APM AMS folder is located at C:\ProgramFiles\CA\SharedComponents\AMS\Tomcat\webapps
SDM AMS folder is located at C:\Program Files\CA\Service Desk Manager\bopcfg\www\CATALINA_BASE\webapps
- Stop the CA SDM Tomcat process
pdm_tomcat_nxd - c stop
- Stop the CA APM Tomcat process via the Apache Tomcat AMS in the Windows Services MMC
- Copy the AMS folder over from the CA APM server to the CA SDM server
- Restart the CA SDM Tomcat process
pdm_tomcat_nxd - c start
- Restart the CA APM Tomcat process via the Apache Tomcat AMS in the Windows Services MMC