In a localized CA SDM environment, running any out of the box CABI report (via BI Launch pad link within the CA SDM Reports tab) gives an error "An error occurred when calling the API 'initInstance. (Error:EE_WIS_30270(Error: INF))'"
Note: The error does not seem to occur when the CABI Web Intelligence Rich Client is used.
1. Ensure that the Windows host where CA Business Intelligence is installed has the Windows System Locale set to English
2. Appropriate localized language (example: Spanish) can be added thereafter to Windows, but the default System Locale should be set to English.
3. Ensure CABI was installed with both English and appropriate localized language pack (example: Spanish)
4. Add appropriate locale to the web browser used to access CA SDM
5. After logging into CABI Infoview via a web browser, ensure BI Launchpad preferences (click on the Preferences button on right top corner) are set to the following:
A. Set Preferences -> Product Locale to Browser Locale
B. Set Preferences -> Preferred Viewing Locale to Browser Locale
C. Logoff of BI launchpad and login again and retest