Importing / Exporting an offering from one environment to another will cause the offering to be placed in the non-categorized folder (Root folder) in CA Service Catalog. To avoid loosing the categorized structure follow this below mentioned steps.
1. Login to CA Service Catalog as administrator. Got to Administration Tab – Tools – Import Export Utility. Exporting an Event / Form / Service offering xml separately
2. Select ‘Folder’ in object type and Object Classifier. Provide folder name exported with the offering.
3. Select ‘Include forms’ and other check box options relevant to your environment to retain all the information linked to the service offering.
Note: If multiple Business Units are defined, provide the business unit for the selected service offering
4. Click ‘Start Export’ button to export the selected offering
5. Repeat step 1 for importing Service offering to already defined category, by changing the Object type ‘service offering’ and select the file that was exported in previous steps. Click Start export button to complete the export procedure.