Applying a Unicenter Asset Portfolio Management cumulative patch may encounter errors when running the patchmdb command.
The patch cannot locate either the dbo.compare_timestamp or dbo.update_mdb_sit functions.
Unicenter Asset Portfolio Management 11.3.4, any patch level
If the patchmdb command was executed with the uapmadmin user (or another user), then the compare_timestamp and update_mdb_sit stored procedures will be prefixed with the schema owner 'uapmadmin' (or another user), and NOT dbo.
Perform the steps below to resolve the error:
- Launch SQL server management studio and login as the 'sa' user, or with a user with authority to 'alter schema'.
- Expand the database MDB, expand Programmability, then expand stored procedures.
- Locate the <schemaOwner>.compare_timestamp and <schemaOwner>.update_mdb_sit procedures.
- Run the following 2 queries to change the schema owner to 'dbo'. Replace schemaOwner with the name from your installation:
- alter schema dbo transfer schemaOwner.compare_timestamp
- alter schema dbo transfer schemaOwner.update_mdb_sit
- Re-run the patchmdb command.