We have a hub that has intermittent issues which causes it to generate alarms when it cannot connect to the configured queues.
These alarms cause helpdesk tickets which we do not want.
This document describes how to tell the NAS to ignore these specific alarms without needing to turn on maintenance mode
First, view the alarm details and note the value of Supp.Key. For these queue connect alarms, the suppression key will be the queue name e.g. hub4qos.
- Open NAS Config and select the Auto-operator tab
- Select Pre-processing Rules
- Right-click and select New
- Set filter type to "exclude"
- Set Suppression Key = <Supp.Key> eg SCC_Discovery
- Click OK and give the rule a name
Right-click the rule, select "Activate", then "Apply this" and restart the NAS.
These alarms will then be excluded by the NAS and you won't see them anymore.