When attempting to start iGateway the following error is seen on a popup:
"Could not start the CA iTechnology iGateway 4.6 service on local computer
Error 1067: The Process terminated unexpectedly"
In a Service Desk installation authenticating via EEM integrated with CA Directory, such problem does not allow users to login to Service Desk.
The symptoms are known to have occurred after Java was automatically updated to release 1.7 on the server and a reboot was done afterwards. After the reboot, the Windows environment variable, JAVA_HOME was no longer set.
iGateway does not support Java 1.7. So, setting JAVA_HOME manually does not resolve the problem. Release 1.6 of Java must be used.
To get iGateway up and running again immediately, follow these steps:
- Under C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\iTechnology folder, edit iGateway.conf and disable JVM by changing:
- Recycle Service Desk, EEM and CA Directory. This should re-establish the Service Desk authentication.
To restore iGateway completely, follow these steps:
- Re-install Java and ensure it is release 1.6
- Enable the JVM by undoing the change made to the iGateway.conf file
- Recycle Service Desk, EEM and CA Directory.
To prevent the problem from re-occurring in the future, consider turning off the system's automatic check for Java updates or ensure in some other way that the Java release is not changed in your installation.