The Agent resources that a CA Automic Workload Agent provides for Jobs (Max. Resources Jobs) are not freed under certain conditions.
The following setup must be given, according to tests, so that the maximum number of resources (Max. Resources Jobs) is not set back:
When all these options are met the Agent resources are not freed and set eventually to 0.
- The Job has a HostGroup entered
- The Hostgroup parameters must be either set to Any, Next Listed or Load Dependent
- "Generate at runtime" is set on the Job
- The Job uses a script with the statement "ON_ERROR ABEND"
- The Job uses the script function "ACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT" for a starting any object type (e.g.: JOBS, SCRI,…)
- The activated task has "Generate at runtime" not set
- The activated Job fails
- The job uses the script function "EXIT" when the follow-up JOBS has a certain status (it does not matter if the follow-up JOBS ends ok or fails)
Therefore any job activated after the defined Agent resources are used the Jobs will stay in the activity window in a status of "Waiting for the host of an AgentGroup". In this case only a restart of the Agent helps to free the resources.
OS Version: N/A
Agent resources are not released after the end of a job. This happens if agent groups are used in combination with the script function ACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT.
Update to a fix version listed below or a newer version if available.
Automation Engine 12.1.2 - planned release date: 2018-05-23
-) Do not use a HostGroup
-) Do not set "Generate at runtime" in the Job
-) Do forgo to use the script function "EXIT"
-) Monitor the used "Job res. max" and restart the Agent if necessary.