If a task's % complete is not a whole number and Calculation Method is set to Effort on a project, you get error "PRJ-07246: Task percent complete cannot be changed with current project complete calculation method" when saving the task. This does not happen when the project is set to Manual or Duration.
Steps to Reproduce:
- In PPM, add '% Complete' to the Task properties Edit View if not there already:
a. Go to Administration->Objects->Task->View
c. Click the ‘Layout Edit’ link on to the Task Properties row
d. Click the ‘+’ icon next to General, then click the Properties icon next to the second ‘General’ row
e. Move % Complete from ‘Available’ to one of the Selected columns and click ‘Save and Return’
2. Create a new Project in PPM with % Calculation Method set to “Effort”:
a. Go to Home->Projects->New button
b. Enter required information, ensuring that ‘% Complete Calculation Method’ is set to ‘Effort’, and click Save
(Also have project open for Time Entry and Track Mode set to PPM)
3. Click on the Team tab of the project and add one resource to the project. Ensure the resource is Open for Time Entry with Track Mode set to PPM.
4. Create a task and assign a resource to the task, add 7 hours ETC to the Assignment
5. Submit actuals for the assignment that will make % Complete not a whole number (In this example, 4 hours, since 4 hours actuals / 11 hours (Actuals + ETC) = 36.37%.
a. Navigate to Home->Personal->Timesheets
b. Filter for the current timesheet for the resource on the project and click on the clock icon to open the Timesheet
c. Click ‘Add Task’, check the check box next to the Task created in step 4 above, then click Add
d. Add 4 hours of time and click Submit for Approval, then Approve the timesheet.
e. Wait 5 minutes, then run the ‘Post Timesheets’ job
6. Once the time has posted, run the ‘Update % Complete’ job.
7. Once the job completes, navigate back to the task created in step 4 and click Save.
Expected Result: Save completes without any error
Actual result: Receive error: PRJ-07246: Task percent complete cannot be changed with current project complete calculation method.
Caused by CLRT-80033
This issue has been resolved as of CA PPM 14.3 Patch 9, 14.4 Patch 4 and 15.1.
Remove % Complete from the task properties page.
1. In PPM go to Administration->Objects->Task.
2. Click the Views tab then [Layout: Edit] next to Task Properties.
3. Click the '+' sign next to General, then the '+' sign next to General again.
4. Check the check box next to % Complete and click Delete.