When running the CA Identity Suite Virtual Appliance, the following warning appears at startup and when running the 's' command to check the system status:
[WARN] Cannot check the heap size for Identity Manager - unknown maximum heap size value: "8196m
IDM does start and run without a problem, despite the warning.
Multiple unresponsive wildfly-idm processes are running.
Follow these steps to kill the unresponsive processes:
1. Run "ps -ef | grep java | grep wildfly-idm" and confirm it returns the same number of lines shown in the warning message. Each will have a different PID.
2. Run "stop_im".
3. Run "ps -ef | grep java | grep wildfly-idm" and confirm it then returns one fewer line than in step 1 (the valuid running process was stopped).
4. Kill each of the wildfly-idm processes listed in the output of step 3.
5. Run "ps -ef | grep java | grep wildfly-idm" and confirm it doesn't return any running processes.
6. Run "start_im".
7. After IM is completely started, run "s" to check for the warning message, which should no longer appear.