I am trying to convert an idea to project and see an issue there. During the conversion, all the fields are copied except one which is a parameterized lookup. I do not get any errors however, I click convert button. It takes me to the "SElect Investment Type" page. I choose Project.. It displays the create layout of the Project with the values copied. This is where I expect the parameterized lookup field get copied as well but it doesn't.
DE33356 - Post Idea conversion into project, the Level 2 based Attribute should be retaining the value set in the Idea.
Summary of Defect
For dependent lookup based attributes on an Idea, the values are lost when an Idea is converted into a project
AFFECTED VERSIONS: CA PPM 15.1, 15.2
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Static Dependent Lookup creation -> In CA PPM, create a static dependent lookup (example -> city region), create levels and respective values
2. Dynamic Query based lookup referencing the Static Dependent Lookup -> Create a dynamic query based lookup (example -> test_meta_domain), referencing the above created static dependent lookup
3. Attribute referencing Static Dependent Lookup -> Create an attribute (example -> City_dynamic_ref_stat) on the Investment Object, associated to the dynamic lookup as created in step 2. Hence, the investment object’s attribute, is referencing the static dependent lookup (step 1), through the dynamic query based lookup (step 2)
4. Dynamic lookup referencing Level 2 of Static Dependent Lookup -> Create a dynamic dependent lookup (for example -> final_depen), which will look into the level 2, of the static dependent lookup, as created on step 1
5. Attribute referencing Level 2 of Static Dependent Lookup -> Create an attribute on the investment object, which is associated to the dynamic dependent lookup, created on step 4. Associate the parameter parent, with the investment’s object attribute, created on step
6. Idea object view update -> Idea Configure the investment attribute, created on step 3 and 5, on the Idea object’s create / edit view. Also, include the same attributes on project object’s create / edit view
7. Idea creation and conversion -> Create an Idea, in the investment, populate the Static Dependent Lookup based attribute and the accordingly, select the populated value, for the Level 2 based attribute. Save, approve the Idea and convert it into a project
Post Idea conversion into project, the Level 2 based Attribute should be retaining the value set in the Idea
Post conversion to project, the Level 2 based Attribute is blank and the set value at Idea stage is lost
Resolved in 15.3