After upgrading to Common Services r12 or higher, jobs executed for various products, such as Tape Management Systems (TMS) from CA-1, may fail with a RACF, ICH408I "Resource Not Defined", message.
The probable cause is that the CAISSF Security Interface module for RACF, CAS9SAFC, was not loaded. This module would normally be loaded during the execution of CAS9 (CAIRIM) when the CAIRIM initialization routine was processed. Beginning with release 12.0 the name of the initialization routine changed and if the CAIRIM parameter file was not changed to reflect the new name, than the CAS9SAFC interface routine would not be loaded.
The following statement should be defined in your CARIMPRM member referenced via the //PARMLIB DD statement in your CAS9 procedure.
PRODUCT(CAIRIM) VERSION(CAS9) INIT(CAS9INIT)
In addition to the above change, an additional enhancement was introduced at the CCS r14.1 release that related to CAS9SAFC and RACF customers.
- With r14.1 the CAS9SAFC related usermod (CAS9MOD) is no longer required. In place of this usermod, new control statements are available that can be used to define the necessary RACF class table values. So if you defined any class table values that were not provided by default, you would need to define the related control statements. This can be done as follows:
- Create a table of the desired RACF classes, as required by the individual product, in the RACFLIST member of the CCS r14.1 CAW0OPTN data set defined on the //CAIRACF DD card of your CAS9 proc. The RACFLIST member does not exist in the delivered CAW0OPTN data set, so you will need to create one from scratch if needed. Update the table (RACFLIST) with the control statements, as needed, based upon the customizations made for the previous release.
- For example: TMS has 2 possible RACF classes, CA@APE and CA@MD. Using these classes, code your control statements as:
- Uncomment the //CAIRACF DD card in the CAS9 proc.
- Execute CAS9. If CAS9 was previously run and you are making changes to this table, the initialization statement should first be defined as follows:
PRODUCT(CAIRIM) VERSION(CAS9) INIT(CAS9INIT) PARM(REFRESH(SSF))
NOTE: Refer to the Common Services r14.1 Release Notes, pages 7 - 9 and the Common Services r14.1 Installation Guide, pages 119 - 121 for details.