I wish to add a custom message to the notification that are being sent. I would like to add a message to the 'closed' notification. i.e. for example..... Something Like "thank you for using our helpdesk we hope we have been of service". How can I do this?
Basically, one can go into Service Desk as an admin user and under the Administration Tab, you should be able to go into Activity Notifications and modify the "Close" and "Initial" activity Notification to include any additional text you need. This assumes the notifications you are working with are for activity notifications.
This can be done easily by modifying the 'Message Template'.
In case you are using Activity Notifications then
- Logon as an Administrator
- Under Administration tab click on 'Notifications'
- (Once the tree expands) Click on 'Activity Notification' -> Choose the activity, say 'Close'.
- Once you are into the 'Close Activity Notification Detail' window click on 'Edit'.
- Scroll down and click on Message Template
- Click on 'Edit HTML Message' tab
- Key in your customized message that you wish the end user to receive a long with notification.
In case you are using Multiple Notification, follow the same steps to attain the functionality you wish to attain.
Note For event based notifications, you will need to modify the notification macro for the text you wish to have sent out.