Sometimes we need to modify/change the Status / Priority / Problem / Parent / Assignee of all tickets in a list.
This document explains one way to accomplish this using "Edit in List".
Windows/Unix, Service Desk 12.x, 14.x, Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome
Here is one scenario
David Parker, an Analyst has left the company. Ticket(s) assigned to David have to be assigned to a different Analyst. This can be easily done using the following steps:
- Search for the tickets assigned to David (see Figure 1 to Figure 3):
2. Click on 'Edit in list' button (see Figure 4):
3. Fill the assignee field to Thomas, Alex (see Figure 5):
4. Click on Change All button (Figure 6)
5. The "Assigned to" column change to Thomas, Alex for all rows in the list. Now click on 'Save' button to save the changes (Figure 7 to Figure 8).
Note: The above can be done to change Status / Priority / Problem / Parent of a single ticket (or) all the filtered tickets.
With "Edit in List" button you will be able to change/modify massively the fields mentioned in this document, and only for those items appears in a list returned by a search or from Scoreboard.
You may customize what is listed modifying the Search Filter.
More complex changes would may require to use pdm_extract/pdm_load.
Changing group and contact information on call request tickets en-masse via db load commands
How do I add the Group column to the Request List form for purposes of "Edit-In-List"? (useful to add the group field as an "Edit-In-List" action)