I need to apply an ACF2 VM apar for a reported problem. How are ACF2 VM apars applied?
ACF2 VM apars can be applied by logging on to CAIMAINT and using CA-Activator.
* Note ACF2 VM 12.1 utilizes VMSES/E for applying Program Temporary Fixs (PTF).
The following is a step-by-step process to apply the fix to your system via Activator.
Instructions for installing individual ACF2 VM apars:
- Download the apar from SupportOnline and Upload or Cut-and-Paste the apar to VM CAIMAINT.
- Log on to CAIMAINT
- Put the fix on the CAIMAINT 191 disk, calling it QOnnnnn ZAP. Make sure the fix is entered exactly as provided, including all the comment cards. The comment cards are needed for special ACTIVATOR zap processing.
- Get into ACTIVATOR (CACT) All of the CA-ACTIVATOR product maintenance tasks are contained under the Product Administration heading on the Primary Menu.
- Select '2' (Product Administration)
- Select '2' (Product Maintenance)
- Select '5' (APAR Administration) Select this option to apply APAR to test system.
- Select '3' (APAR CREATE/MODIFY)
- Fill in the "APAR Number" with QOnnnnn and put '3' in the "APAR Format" field. Don't fill in any other fields on that panel. Hit ENTER.
- When you hit ENTER, the rest of the fields should get filled in automatically, and the zap should appear on the panel. If it looks correct, just hit PF2 (SAVE).
- Hit PF3 twice to go back to the CACT-A000 APAR Administration panel.
- Select '5' to select APAR APPLY
See Chapter 4 Maintaining Computer Associates Products section "APAR Administration" in the CA-CIS CA-Activator for VM
Reference Guide for more details.