I can't get that device to appear in the List Designer so it will appear in an existing dashboard for that group of devices.
uim / ump 9.02 and earlier
the robot had a target and the source that were different. One was short name and the other FQDN.
I am glad to say we found the root cause of the issue and have it resolved for the sample system we were dealing with.
below is a recap of what we saw and did
1) we had system vminfctaria01p showing in USM and showing metrics on the details tab
2) when we tried to find the system in list designer we could not
3) we found that the target and the source were different. One was short name and the other FQDN.
4) to correct this we change the controller to force the robot to short name and chose the option to use the robot name rather than the discovered host name.
Set QoS source to robot name instead of computer hostname - use the robot name that is specified on the Setup, Nimsoft tab.
5) we also went into CDM and change the probe to send the short name and the qos.
end short name for QoS source: allows you to send the host name. If not selected, sends the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name).
Allow QoS source as target: allows you to use the QoS source as the target name and QoS messages can use the host name as their target, by default.
once this was done we restarted the robot and could then see the target and source were both the short host name.
we then checked the dashboard and the system was then displaying.
Unfortunately we can not correct the data for the list designer.
once this is correct you will have to let it fill in new data,
the usm should still display all the information if someone need to go back and look.