Changes to default properties of the applications pools recycling tab may cause a HTTP 500 error message when loading web pages on ReporterAnalyzer.
ReporterAnlyzer standalone or distributed
A worker process is a windows process (w3wp.exe) that runs Web applications, and is responsible for handling requests sent to a Web Server for a specific application pool. A HTTP 500 page may be displayed on ReporterAnalyzer if the default settings for the Application Pools - Recycling Tab is changed. This tab is used to administrate the recycling of worker processes and the only option that should be checked is "Recycle worker processes (in minutes): 1740". Changes to this tab will usually result in the following event log error message: "worker process with process id of 'xxxx' serving application pool 'yyyy' has requested a recycle because ...".
To restore the recycling tab default setting, please follow the steps below:
- Open a windows command prompt.
- Type inetmgr.
- Click the plus sign on the computer name and expand the Application Pools folder.
- Right click the affected application pool, if AppPoolName is ReporterAnalyzerWebSite then right click on it.
- Select "Properties".
- Under the Recycling tab, make sure the only option selected is "Recycle worker processes (in minutes): 1740".
- Restart the IIS services by typing iisreset on the Windows command prompt.