If you have 'qcbin' in the URL, the login will fail.
To troubleshoot any issue with the ALM REST connector, we recommend enabling logging. Directions on how to do this are listed here: https://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1471231.html
After enabling ALM REST logging in ARD, the log file shows the following message:
(GET) Request URL: http://alm.ca.com/qcbin/qcbin/authentication-point/authenticate
Response URL: http://alm.ca.com/qcbin/qcbin/authentication-point/authenticate
Response HTTP Code: 404
HTTP ERROR 404
Problem accessing /qcbin/qcbin/authentication-point/authenticate.
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Most likely causes:
- The directory or file specified does not exist on the Web server.
- The URL contains a typographical error.
- A custom filter or module, such as URLScan, restricts access to the file.
Things you can try:
- Create the content on the Web server.
- Review the browser URL.
- Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code and see which module is calling SetStatus.
- For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=66439