VAIM discovers a HP UX system as a WINNT system in the VAIM UI.
1. Create a back up of the CmnDscvrClassification.xml file.
:\Program Files\CA\SC\Network Discovery Gateway\config
2. Edit CmnDscvrClassification.xml, Comment out the following line:
<Method Name="SocketWindows_RPC" Type="SingleSocket" Port="135" Timeout= "1000" />
And save the file.
3. Then in Windows Services:
Stop CA Network Discovery Gateway
Stop CA Network Discovery Server
Start CA Network Discovery Server
Start CA Network Discovery Gateway
4. Now please delete the servers from the VAIM UI and rediscover them.
5. Verify if the server is correctly discovered as the right OS type.
This file is only used by the Discovery at the initial discovery.
After discovering the HP Servers you can add back the entry in the XML (following the steps above), leaving the entry out could cause WINNT systems to be classified false in the future.
If the False Classified HP server needs to be rediscovered you may need to edit the file again.