To enable Java tracing follow these steps:
1) Open the Java Control Panel.
--On Windows you can open this from the Windows Control Panel.
2) Switch to the 'Advanced' Tab.
3) Under 'Debugging': Ensure that "Enable tracing" is checked.
4) Under 'Java console': Select the "Show console" radio button.
5) Click 'Apply' to save the settings.
Once Java tracing has been enabled, login to the CA PAM Appliance from a supported web browser. Once logged in a new window called 'Java console' will appear. Follow these steps to enable maximum tracing:
1) Click into the Java Console window to bring it into focus.
2) Press the number 5 to increase tracing level.
3) If this was successful you will see a message at the bottom saying "Trace level set to 5: all ... completed."
After the tracing level has been increased the issue needs to be reproduced:
1) Perform whatever actions or steps needed to reproduce the issue that is occurring.
2) The Java Console does not log to a file, so once the issue has been reproduced the Java Console log will need to be copied into a text file to be sent into support. To copy the entire log just click the 'Copy' button at the bottom of the Java Console Window.
3) Save the text to a text file.
4) Upload the file to the CA Support case for review.
When finished collecting the trace log remember to go back into the Java Control Panel and un-check "Enable tracing" and switch back to the "Do not start console" radio button or this Java Console window will continue to appear.