How to use the Upgrade Toolkit on a Windows 32bit
Document ID :
Last Modified Date :
Show Technical Document Details
CA Automic Dollar Universe
CA Automic Dollar Universe:Release:6.8
CA Automic Dollar Universe:Release:6.9
CA Automic Dollar Universe:Release:6.0
This tutorial explains how to modify the toolkit to include a 32-bit of java so that it can run on Windows 32bit Servers
Windows 32bit Servers (x86)
Action for Java
- Download the 32 bit JRE version from the Oracle site
(Version JRE 1.6.0_45 or higher) ()
- Extract the JRE and compress it in a zip file as jre1.X.X_XX.zip
Action in the Toolkit
- Download the last Dollar Universe Upgrade Toolkit
- Unzip the Dollar.Universe_Upgrade.Toolkit_windows_6_X_XX + build.XXX.zip file on the server
- Create a folder WIN32 in \bin\jre\ and copy the file jre1.X.X_XX.zip in \bin\jre\WIN32\
- Backup the unideployjre.bat and uniupgrade.bat files in \bin\
- Edit the unideployjre.bat file and replace the line "
set JREPATH = .. \ WIN64 \ jre1.X.X.XX.zip
" by the line "
set JREPATH = .. \ WIN32 \ jre1.X.X_XX.zip
" (line 49)
The 32-bit Java is now properly embedded in the Toolkit and the upgrade tools can be launched.
Was this information helpful?