1. Close any open clients such as Infrastructure Manager and any other open clients such as nas or other probe windows. Kill any leftover Infrastructure Manager application processes using task manager.
2. Copy the secedit7.exe (attached in the Addition Information section) to the hub folder on the primary hub (CA UIM/Nimsoft Server).
a) Using services.msc, stop the Nimsoft Robot watcher service.
b) Create a 'backup' folder within the hub folder.
NOTE: If you do not KNOW the administrator password or it is not working, use the Move option below, otherwise use the Copy option:
Move Option: MOVE the hub security.* files (security.bak, security.cfg, and security.dta) into the backup folder.
Copy Option: Copy the hub security.* files (security.bak, security.cfg, and security.dta) into the backup folder
c) Remove the hubs.sds and robot.sds files
* Note that you may first have to disable all Inbound firewall rules related to Nimsoft application and/or disable broadcast and/or tunneling, IF the hub security.* files are getting updated (overridden) when you start up the Robot service again.
d) Start the Nimsoft Robot watcher service.
NOTE: The next two sections ONLY apply if you used the MOVE option above.
e) Log into IM and it will prompt you to initialize security, then select Yes
Initialize Security (Initialize Security = Remove the security.cfg then try to log in with IM and you will be prompted to set an administrator password)
f) Enter a password for the administrator and click Ok.
Do NOT login if IM prompts you...just perform the next step below...
3. Next, double click to run secedit7.exe
Enter administrator for the Login and enter the administrator password. This is the same login and password you use to login to the Infrastructure Manager.
4. That will create and open up a notepad.txt file with the security information included.
5. Replace the text file contents with all contents of your security.cfg backup...OR if you know of any configuration adjustments that need to be made, make them, e.g., add missing sections, users etc., but be very careful.)
Note also that at the top of the file you will see the version, e.g.,
version = 0095
expire = 21600
ignore_ip = no
auth_mode = 0
signature = Z/zq/sj6qCC3iJ9G6ttoZw==
domain = holje07-U157934_domain
This version number MUST be the highest version number in your environment, otherwise when the hub connect, the security.cfg may get overridden by another hub’s security file.
You can check your remote/secondary hubs security.cfg files to be certain or set the number much higher than the current hub.
6. Click File -> Save to save the notepad security.txt file and then close the window. The secedit window will also close automatically.
7. Restart the Nimsoft Robot Watcher service.
8. Login to Infrastructure Manager and verify the configuration changes, ACLs, users, etc.
9. If everything checks out, make sure you re-enable any hub or firewall settings mentioned above or otherwise that you disabled to prevent overwriting the security file.