The Datacom DBID remapping feature allows you to switch the DBID priorto calling the Multi-User Facility (MUF) and then switch it back upon the return from MUF. This can be used when you want to switch your target DBID.
DBID remapping in CA Datacom CICS Services requires the implementation of a global User Requirements Table (URT).
The global URT was introduced in Datacom 11.0 and provides support for:
- Multiple Multi-User Facility (MUF) support
- DBID remapping support.
For DBID remapping support the following URT parameters are utilized:
- Start Macro (DBURSTR)
- SIDNAME= parameter must be specified
- SIDNAME=DBSIDPR can be specified
- Table Entry Macro (DBURTBL) - used to identify tables for navigational processing within this URT.
- DBIDUSER= identifies the DBID that will be used for all communication with the application program.
- DBIDMUF= identifies the DBID that will be passed to MUF for all application requests for the tables.
With the URT DBID remapping, the remapping of a DBID in a CICS region only requires a simple URT change.
There are a variety of reasons why you would want to remap a DBID. Here are just a few examples:
In the suggested implementation above, you would be able to move the table to a new DBID without changing the applications. Tables having application that have shared keyids and use locate with DBID as the table name are not eligible for being moved to separate DBIDs.
CA Datacom/DB Database and System Administrator Guide section Defining a User Requirements Table (URT) or the CA Datacom documentation in docops.ca.com
CA Datacom for CICS Services System Reference Guide section Coding the URT Macros or the CA Datacom Tools documentation in docops.ca.com