We have a Windows, Solaris, and Linux version of the Sapwalk2 utility. It ships with Spectrum 10.2 (located in the $SPECROOT/bin directory).
If you are on a version prior to 10.2, please contact CA support.
The usage can be found by just running sapwalk2. However a recommended usage is as follows:
sapwalk2.exe -i <ip address> -v <snmp version> -s <starting oid> -p <port> -c <community name> -t <timeout> -r <retries> -d <throttle_delay> -o <output file>
sapwalk2.exe -i XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -v v1 -s 1.3.6 -c public -t 3000 -r 3 -d 50 -o device_mib.walk
Another example, using SNMP v3;
sapwalk2 -i XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -v v3 -s 1.3.6 -u AuthPrivUser -l AP -xt MD5 -xa authpassword -xp privpassword –xe DES -t 3000 -o device_mib.walk
- -i is the IP address
- -u is user name = <Your_SNMP_v3_user>
- -l is Authentication Type = nAnP/AnP/AP (no Authentication No Privacy/ Authentication No Privacy/ Authentication with Privacy)
- -xt is encryption Type = MD5/SHA
- -xa is authentication password = <Your_SNMP_v3_authen_password>
- -xp is privacy password = <Your_SNMP_v3_privacy_Password>
- -xe is privacy protocol = DES/3DES/AES128/AES192/AES256