This document explains how to create an unattended response file for use with the installdsm script on MAC and Linux machines for CA Client Automation.
Clients who do not want to do an interactive installation can use a response file to do the install and use that to install silently.
All UNIX and MAC based platforms
1. Copy the install media to the target machine in binary mode using an ftp client or ssh client.
2. Connect via Putty and cd into the target folder in screenshot agent folder was copied to /private/tmp/agent12_9/agent
3. Run cmod 755 installdsm
4. Run installdsm –g machine.rsp
5. Choose English and click ok
6. Choose install CA ITCM
7. You must scroll down to read the above terms and conditions before you can
Choose the appropriate statement of agreement. By selecting I accept.
: X : I accept the terms of the License Agreement
Click the tab until you select Next selection
8. Leave default options of asset Management and Software Delivery components
NOTE: you must install the Remote Control agent using a Software Delivery job on Linux and MAC this agent does not run on other UNIX platforms.
9. Choose the Express Agent Installation and click Next
10. Configure the Scalability Server the agent points to where %SERVER_NAME% equals the actual hostname of the Scalability Server. Click Next
. 11. Accept default installation paths and click Next
NOTE: It is highly advisable never to change these settings.
12. During the install you will see message like this:
To use the response file you run the following
1. ./Installdsm –r machine.rsp This installs the basic hardware agent and software delivery and asset agents.
2. When the install finishes you can add the CA Remote Control Agent to the Linux and MAC platforms using the Software Delivery agent job listed under
Software/Software Package Library/DSM Software Packages/CA DSM Agent + Remote Control plugin MacOSX(intel) (ENU) 18.104.22.1688 in the DSM Explorer.
See the CA Client Automation Implementation Guide on DVD #1 in the DOC subdirectory for more information.