How can we upgrade the Vantage WEB client from 14.0.4 to 14.0.5?
To get this done successfully, please follow this check-list:
1) You need to have the PTF SO04124 applied. This PTF provides new installation JCL and a new VAN WEB STC JCL to replace the actual one.
2) Once done, you need to delete your actual RUNTIME ZFS, or allocate a new one to match the new size requirement. You will need also to allocate a new INSTALL ZFS to match the new size requirement .
You cannot reuse the actual INSTALL and RUNTIME ZFS data.
3) Once these ZFS are mounted, you need to download into the INSTALL the new pax file you can directly get using the PTF number SS06587.
4) Unpax it into the INSTALL directory and then follow the installation guide located here:
5) During the installation not forget to say that you want to reuse your actual webclientdb.
6) Once accomplished, you will start the Web Client using the new STC and login first with APP user. This will make the webclientdb to be updated.
7) Then you can login using normal userid.