How to upgrade CA Business Intelligence (CABI) Apache Tomcat to 7.0.42 to address security vulnerabilities with previous versions of Apache Tomcat
- If not already done, apply CABI SP6 following TEC592444. This will automatically upgrade the existing Tomcat 5.5 web server to Tomcat 7.0.27.
- Take a backup/snapshot of the CABI server and CMS database.
- Download the following file and place on the CABI server
- Stop the CABI's Apache Tomcat service via the Central Configuration Manager
- Rename the existing tomcat installation directory '<Install Dir> CA\SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7' to Tomcat7_Original
- Extract the contents of the ZIP file downloaded in Step #3 above to the '<Install Dir>CA\SC\CommonReporting3' directory. This will create a directory called 'apache-tomcat-7.0.47'
- Rename 'apache-tomcat-7.0.47' directory to Tomcat7
- Copy the following two (2) files from the '<Install Dir> CA\SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7_Original\bin' directory to the '<Install Dir> CA\SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7\bin' directory
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the directory '<Install Dir>\CA\SC\CommonReporting3\deployment'. Run the following command:
wdeploy tomcat7 deployall
Please note that this will take a few minutes to complete.
A BUILD SUCCESSFUL message will appear once deployment of all the Tomcat WAR files is successful.
- Copy the file '<Install Dir>\CA\SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7_Original\webapps\OpenDocument\WEB-INF\web.xml' to the '<Install Dir>\SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7\webapps\OpenDocument\WEB-INF ' directory
- Optional Step - Needed only if you have changed default CABI Tomcat ports
Copy the file '<Install Dir>\CA\SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7_Original\conf\server.xml' to '<Install Dir>\CA\SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7\conf' directory
- Optional Step - Needed only if you have changed default CABI Tomcat web.xml
Copy the file '<Install Dir>\CA\SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat7_Original\conf\web.xml' to '<Install Dir>\CA\SC\CommonReporting3\Tomcat55\conf' directory
- Restart the CABI Apache Tomcat Service via the Central Configuration Manager.
- After waiting a few minutes for Tomcat to fully initialize, test CABI web interfaces (i.e. Infoview and Central Management Console) and CABI reports.