The hostname of the CABI machine may need to be changed due to some network design changes. When the hostname on the Operating System is changed the same should be updated in the Business objects as well. The following procedure details and outlines the process that needs to be followed when you change the hostname on any OS.
Following steps should be followed for changing the hostname of the CA Business Intelligence 3.x Server machine:
- Disable all Job Servers, so if any schedules are present they would be protected.
- Change the hostname of the machine and restart the server.
- Reconfigure the Application servers. In cases of standalone install also they need to be reconfigured:
- For JAVA based (Tomcat, Jboss, Weblogic, Websphere)
- Make a copy and then edit the WEB.XML files which in Tomcat are under the following directories:
- <tomcat install dir>/webapps/CmcApp/WEB-INF
- <tomcat install dir>/webapps/InfoViewApp/WEB-INF
- Edit each of the Web.xml files with a text editor
Navigate to the context-param key. Edit to read as follows:
<context-param><param-name> CMS </param-name><param-value> NEWHOSTNAME </param-value></context-param>
- For .NET based (IIS)
- Create a copy and then edit the WEB.CONFIG files which are in the following directories:
- <CABI_INSTALL_DIR>\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\WebContent\InfoViewApp\CmcApp\
- <CABI_INSTALL_DIR>\BusinessObjects Enterprise12.0\WebContent\InfoViewApp\InfoViewApp\
- Navigate to the context-param key. Edit to read as follows:
<context-param><param-name> CMS</param-name><param-value> NEWHOSTNAME </param-value></context-param>
- Reconfigure the shortcuts created by the install: delete the old shortcuts and create new ones using the new URL (with the new hostname).
- Optional Step: Changing the Server Intelligent Name as NEWHOSTNAME and Job Servers Name as NEWHOSTNAME.ServerName
Note: You can keep the old name without affecting the CA Business Intelligence Functionality.
- For changing the Server Intelligent Name as NEWHOSTNAME and Job Servers Name as NEWHOSTNAME.ServerName follow below steps:
- Login to Central Configuration Manager (CCM) and click on Add Server Intelligent Node button.
- Click on Next button, then enter the New SIA Name (NEWHOSTNAME), port and choose third option "Create default servers on the new node".
- Give the CMS Port and CMS System Data Source details and click next.
- Enter the New CMS information and click next. Click Finish.
- Stop the running Server Intelligent Node (don't delete) and Start the New Server Intelligent Node.
- Check the CMC and InfoView and confirmed whether all the functionalities are working fine or not. If everything working fine, then delete the old SIA.