The SSM User account has been locked and you need to unlock and reset the password for the user:
This solution works for all Versions of Gateway 8.1 and above.
This article will explain the following:
1. Unlock the SSM password
2)Temporarily change the amount of time before the password expires
3)Temporarily change the stored past passwords
1. Log into the Layer 7 Gateway appliance via SSH as the "ssgconfig" user.
2. Select Option #3: Use a privileged shell (root).
3. Run the following script: `/opt/SecureSpan/Appliance/bin/resetAdmin.sh <database root user> <database root password>
4. Provide the Gateway database name (default: ssg).
5. Provide the administrative user name.
6. Execute the following command: mysql -u root -p -e "delete from logon_info"
Note: #6 you can you the following to command to specify the name of the database: mysql -u root -p -e "delete from ssg.logon_info" (Please note the name of the database is SSG, it may be different in your environment)
This will reset the credentials for the user specified in step #5 to "password". Additionally, it will reset the lock out timer on that account.