When logging into the Clarity application you may receive the following error:
service.getName(): "Catalina"; Protocol handler start failed: java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:80
This error indicates that another application is currently using Port 80 and therefore Tomcat is unable to launch.
Please follow these steps to determine which application is currently using Port 80 on the Clarity Application Server.
- Start--> Run--> type cmd to open a command shell window.
- Type the following command: netstat -o -n -a | findstr 0.0:80 and press enter.
- The results of this command will identify the application that is currently using the port.
TCP 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 208
TCP 0.0.0.0:8009 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 208
TCP 0.0.0.0:8080 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 2404
- The last column will indicate the Process ID that is currently using the port.
- Make a note of the Process ID.
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Del and select Task Manager.
- Click on the 'View' tab and click on 'Select Columns'.
- Place a check mark in 'PID' (Process Identifier).
- Click OK.
- Click on the PID column to sort the rows in numerical order.
- Search for the PID that you recorded in step 5.
- This is the application that is currently using the port.
Please Note the 'netstat -o -n -a | findstr 0.0:80' command can check for applications using SSL by changing the 80 to 443 or the appropriate port number.