How to Trouble Shoot a SENDJOB sent to CA XCOM Data Transport for z/OS?
The receiving CA XCOM for z/OS server submits the job to the INTRDR (internal reader). Here is how to confirm that the job is received and view what is being submitted.Run this test to see and troubleshoot the SENDJOB.
- Turn on the trace on the receiving server with this modify command:
/f xcom,trace,* (where xcom is the name you use to start the server)
- Perform the SENDJOB to the server.
- You will see confirmation messages in the XCOMLOG on the receiving server that the job has been received:
XCOMM0793I TCP/IP REMOTE CONNECTION ESTABLISHED FROM IP=xxxxxxxXCOMM0141I RECEIVE REQUEST INITIATED BY CONVERSATION PARTNER XCOMM0147I yyyyyyyyyy RECORDS RECEIVED SUCCESSFULLY - JOB XCOMM0805I TCP/IP CONNECTION ENDED WITH IP=xxxxxxxx
- The receiving server will have a SYS00001 and TRACE DD in the SYSOUT.
- The TRACE DD will also show the job being created.
- If you are doing a sendjob from XCOM for z/OS to XCOM for z/OS, make sure you are looking for the job on the server that is actually submitting the job, not on the server that is sending the job.