How to transfer a zip-file via FTP from your Windows PC directly into into the z/OS UNIX file system (ZFS/USS)?
Try FTP via the DOS command prompt if your PC is running Windows:
1. Go to the directory with the zip-file in it
2. Start the DOS command prompt via cmd.exe there
3. The command prompt should be still showing that directory (otherwise CD to the directory with the zip-file)
3. ftp hostname (hostname of the target lpar where ftp server must be running)
4. Enter userid and password as asked for
5. Enter bin
7. Enter put
8. you will be asked for the local file, enter its name, e.g. ABC.zip
9. you will be asked for the remote file, enter /xxx/yyy/zzz/ABC.zip where /xxx/yyy/zzz is the USS directory
10. ... Storing data set ...
11. ... Transfer completed ...