JasperReport Server 6.2 supports encrypted password. In order to make this work, please follow the instructions listed below:
1. Create copy of sample.properties file, and rename to default_master.properties.
2. Copy default_master.properties file to <CA-Build>/buildomatic folder.
3. Add the following to the .properties file:
4. Open cmd prompt, navigate to <CA Build>/buildomatic and run: js-ant.bat gen-config
5. Copy the newly encrypted dbPassword value from the properties file into context.xml
After these instructions are followed, the JasperReport server will start up successfully with the encrypted password.